According to recent HIMSS Analytics “Mobile devices can provide enhanced access to patient information, putting information into the hands of clinicians anytime, anywhere.”
If your organization doesn’t have a mobile strategy in place, you are behind the curve; but not to worry there are solutions to bring your organization up to speed. Mobility and mobile capabilities are no longer a luxury but a necessity for patients. With busy lifestyles and increasing smartphone ownership, patients want access to their personal information, any time, anywhere.
Online retailers and service providers have set the standard for mobile consumer engagement. Now, healthcare organizations are under pressure to provide mobile capabilities such as personal health records, monitoring and tracking, alerts and reminders, billing statements, treatment costs & education, and the ability to interact with live help at their convenience.
With the introduction of mobility, come targeted solutions. Depending on the objectives, your company can provide a variety of mobile options. Would you like your patients to be able to set up appointments? Would you like to provide educational material to your patients? Would you like to provide your patients with the ability to access health assessments? All of these options can be easily implemented.
CodeBaby provides intelligent virtual assistants that will assist with your mHealth strategy. Without causing IT disruptions, CodeBaby seamlessly integrates via cloud overlay into any proprietary platform which can be delivered via kiosk, desktop or mobile device.
Implementing a virtual health assistant (VHA) into your mHealth strategy offers:
- Accessibility – To personalized advice and coaching based on integration into your EHR or CDM systems.
75 million US adults used their mobile devices to access health information in 2012, up from 61 million in 2011. Manhattan Research
- Real-Time Answers & Monitoring – 24/7 service allowing you to assist your patients for non-emergency conditions while your office is closed.
88% of doctors urge patients to monitor their health at home. MedNews Blog
- Expected Channel Delivery – Giving your patients an additional touch point to keep them engaged. The VHA can offer email, chat, and text if provider-patient communication is needed.
39 % of US physicians communicate online with patients via email, secure messaging, instant messaging, or online video conferencing. Healthcare IT News
- Provides Self-Service Options – Presenting new avenues for healthcare education and guidance on pre and post procedural, discharge and ongoing regimen instructions.
90% of patients want to self-manage their healthcare leveraging technology. Accenture
- Physician Support – Alleviates clinicians and staff from spending time on higher volume transactions such as reminders, setting appointments, and registrations. Two-thirds of health IT executives indicate that the use of mobile technology will substantially or dramatically impact the delivery of healthcare in the future. HIT Consultant
- Decreased Administration Costs – By using the VHA to augment and take on activities normally performed at a higher cost in office or by phone, providers can substantially reduce inefficiencies and thus costs, passing on savings to patients.
Costs related to data collection can be reduced by 24%. HealthDecide
- Reduced Admission/Readmission Rates – Using a mobile VHA can further ensure ACA compliance that creates better health and financial outcomes for providers and patients.
40% of doctors believe mobile technology can reduce number of patient visits. MedNews Blog
- Improved Quality – mHealth and VHAs empower patients to consistently manage their wellness and healthcare needs lessening the reliance on frequent office visits. What’s more, when an appointment is warranted, communication becomes more meaningful and productive.
48% of patients agree that mHealth applications/services will improve the quality of healthcare they receive. PwC
- Disease Management & Prevention – A VHA acts as a virtual health coach that’s always available, motivational, and practical.
30% use a computer or mobile device to check for medical or diagnostic information. Tower
“The possibilities for mobile VHAs in healthcare are endless. With the technology at the disposal of patients, providers, and payers, it’s essential to start incorporating these programs into daily life. With the potential for cost savings, no one can afford to ignore these technological advancements.” AMJC
Click here to learn more about the CodeBaby Health Advisor, for desktop or mobile.